Under general supervision, the Product Engineer will provide a full range of engineering and technical offerings to SwapLoader personnel, manufacturing, distributors, and end users. Strategic partner, who must display SwapLoader’s core ideology, values, and purpose to support and contribute to the growth of the business. Partner with senior management to advance the engineering department and products to grow SwapLoader’s a competitive edge in the industry.
- Provide pre- and post-sale engineering support to sales, distributors, and end users. This will include weight distributions, application reviews and troubleshooting.
- Develop new products and ideas from concept to market release, suggest and implement product enhancements pertaining to features, performance, and manufacturability. Check drawings and finalize changes with involved departments. Review work of direct reports and evaluate progress of projects.
- Interdepartmental coordination. Work with manufacturing and purchasing to ensure engineering specifications are being met in on purchased components. Work with industrial engineering to trouble shoot and improve manufacturing processes as needed.
- Design custom equipment for competitive applications to gain market share. Check drawings and coordinate with manufacturing to get custom equipment built. Maintain an in-depth knowledge of competitive product and industry developments.
- Support product training efforts both internally and externally.
- Performs other job-related duties and special projects as required.
- Bachelor of Engineering; mechanical engineering preferred, plus minimum of 5 years of engineering experience. A registered Professional Engineer (P.E.) is not required but it is a plus.
- In depth experience with metal structure design, bolted and welded connections required. Working knowledge of hydraulic systems is required.
- Experience in heavy equipment, truck equipment, trailer or other mobile equipment engineering and manufacturing a plus.
- Must work effectively under pressure, be a team player, execute projects in a timely and manner at a high level of quality.
- Limited travel required.